Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Week of First

This is the picture that I wanted to do last, but it showed up first. Okay, I know you are sick of hearing about my garden and canning, but I had to share. This tomato weighs 1 pound and 2 ounces. Really, that's huge! You could cut it and it would cover an entire piece of bread. We call it Monster. I can't wait to eat it! PS-please ignore the messy scale. just pretend it is sparkling clean, because by the end of today it will be. I hate when my mess shows up on camera.

Forgive me, I did the pictures wrong, but I don't want to re-do them. I will try to tell the pictures as I go. Maybe by the end of the post it will make some since. This blog does not have the option to copy and paste, so now It really is a jumble mess. I wish I had time to fix it, but alas I do not.



I'm not really fond of these pictures of McKayla. To me they do not really show her. I don't even think it looks like her, but we were running late, so I had to go with what I have. Maybe I will try to get a different picture after school. it still counts right? McKalya was so very excited about going to school. She is super smart, but really needs the socialization. I think this will be great for her. I worry about her being the kid that always wants to talk rather than waiting for her turn to answer. I worry that in her quest to be friendly, other kids will be turned off. She seems to love everyone instantly and seems to believe that everyone should feel the same way. I have tried to explain to her that some kids want some space and some time. She just wants to jump in with both feet and be best friends with the world.

I always thought that I would be ready for this day to arrive. Especially since McKayla went to daycare for the first 2 years of her life. Well, almost three. Anyway, this week marks the beginning of me being a taxi cab and the end of me being the center of McKayla's world. She started dance yesterday and today she started pre-school. We found both at reasonable prices and McKayla couldn't wait to start. Yesterday she was upset because she had very high expectations. She thought that she would learn to dance like a ballerina, in one day. She was upset because she messed up and thought her teacher was mad at her. Oh boy. Not that I am hard on myself or anything, but the poor dear.


I love this picture because that is my McKayla. She is such a pretty child and so full of life and love. She is growing up too fast and I can't seem to capture it.

1 comment:

janis said...

We just got our computer so now I can enjoy the pictures again. I love the balarina girl. That should be an 11x14 glossy. Save that picture for me, please.