Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Fair

I realize that time passes and I am getting older. However, the fair reminded me of my age with stark reality. Here are some things I noticed yesterday when we went to the fair. They are not in any order, but more rambling of my mind. I will put up a slide show of the fair tomorrow, but I am too lazy to go get my camera out of the car right now.

After being at the fair about 2 hours I was tired. I used to go the the fair all day and never even stop.

I was appalled at the rip off the rides are. $30 for all rides, but we would have had to pay that per person. Then we started looking at the rides that McKayla could go on by herself, there were 4. With an adult there were a few more, but not really $30 worth. I wasn't going to pay $60 for rides yesterday. We could go to Lagoon and it would be cheaper. I used to not care about the money. It was the state fair and I had to ride everything.

We ate more food during the 6 hours we were there than we normally do in 2 days. The food was one the most exciting parts of the fair. I used to never eat the food at the fair. I only rode ride after ride.

We went though the commercial building to look at the vender's and the exhibits. I especially loved the wedding cake displays. They were incredible. In my younger day, I hated walking around looking at things.

The crowd really annoyed me. There were too many people and too little space. I used to love the excitement of the people and being around everyone.

I looked forward to running into people I know. I used to simply rush from ride to ride, not stopping to look at anyone.

I used to dress to go to the fair to be noticed. Now I dressed as comfortably as possible.

The money was a big issue. I used to get upset that my parents would gripe about the cost of everything. Now I totally agree with them.

That is all I can think of for now. What differences do you notice as you go to the fair?

3 comments:

Tina said...

LOL. Don't you hate the reality of getting old and realizing that your parents were right all along! Love your list of differences! Especially the money! I HATE how expensive everything and Amalyssa just doesn't get it!

Marie Smith said...

Loved the post! I too have noticed differences in the choices I make and the things I do... getting older seems like a funny reality check! I vote we have a big party at Lagoon next summer and ride all the rides ALL day and be YOUNG.... (and eat Churos for dinner, too!)

Krista said...

I am so for riding the rides all day! I love rides, I just refuse to pay for them at the fair! We will have to all get together next summer, that would be awesome!