Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Apron

I have a new secret. I love wearing an apron while I cook. Shh. Don't tell too many people. At first I put one one because I was getting way too much food on my cloths, but now, I love it. Why does wearing an apron make me feel like a better cook? So I had an apron that I simply used for decoration in my old house, now I started cooking with it. Then, I saw this really cute black and white apron at a store and I bought it. I have 2 little aprons for the girls. But, I want more. I saw on a blog where this lady had a gardening apron that she could put her produce in as she picked it and then when it was full take it over to the bag or whatever to haul it home. This would be very convenient when there are three or four of us in the garden trying to pick at the same time, but we only brought 2 bags. However, I haven't seen these aprons anywhere. They looked like they just tied around the waist rather than the neck and the waist. I think if I had any sewing skills I could make one. So, what's a girl to do? Well, I will learn. My mother in law is a very talented lady. She can sew just about anything. I have taken this for granted and now she is a little busy to teach me how to sew. So, when she is done with her current task of being very busy, I am going to ask her to teach me how to make aprons and to make quilts (because my kids adore the quilts she made them). And any other project she is willing to teach me. That way I can pass it on to my kids and 3 generations down my posterity will all be master cooks and gardeners because they have aprons on.

2 comments:

janis said...

I would love to help, sounds fun. Kaitlin made an apron, she maybe could help.

Sarah Sharp said...

I LOVE aprons, and there is no reason at all to apologize if you do, too. I used an apron all the time in one area of my mission. I was devastasted when I had to leave that apron behind when I was transferred to another city. But hey, when you're a missionary, you have to be on your best behavior, right?
Tea towel aprons are very easy to make and a great size for kids. I am planning on making a few when I have the time and an extra room I can lock myself in to actually get that project done.
You need to let us see what you come up with when you start your aprons!