Thursday, August 27, 2009

Journal

So, I received a journal from Chad last year for my birthday and I finished filling it a week ago. I've never completed a journal. Now that I have and I haven't bought another one I realize that I miss writing in it. I made writing in it part of a to do list that became habit. Now I am missing it badly. I heard on the radio that we are living in record times. That we should keep a journal and record the proceedings for our posterity. Right now, the US is on the brink of great change. I believe that we are experiencing great change, but I don't really write about that. I hardly ever write about the economy or the health care reform, unemployment, or politics. I keep up with them on a very basic level, but I don't write about it. The question is, did those that kept journals during the great times of our history, did they write about current events when they were in the news or did they wait until it affected them? How much should I dedicate to writing about current events from the news? For example, did anyone note in their journal that JFK's brother passed away Tuesday? What is most notable is that in the 60's he was drunk and got in a car accident that killed his female passenger. The really big problem: He didn't report the accident/death until the next day. Who in my generation knows this? Does it matter? I focus on my blessing and what funny/quirky things that my kids do. I write about spiritual experiences and about family activities. Do those of you who keep a journal write about the happenings of the news or current events? Do you write a brief paragraph or choose once a week to view the world? What do you do? Just wondering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey sis Rob here. I don't journal about current events, only my personal thoughts on my life experiences and trying to get beyond a few things a improve myself mentaly. However, journaling on current events isn't a bad thing in that it may cause the urge to do more research, as time permits. have a great one!