Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Yoga

Today I tried to do my old yoga video. Honestly, it was pretty fun. I have a head ache, but I think that is just from concentrating so hard. I liked it. I am noticing that getting up first ting and focusing on me and my health goes a long way. Soon the kids will be up and I love to see their smiling faces, but for now I am not needed. It is difficult to a mother. At times I wonder if those without children realize the responsibility and selflessness it requires to be a mother. I know I didn't. Even when I was working and being a mother, I didn't know how hard it would be to devote my entire day to my family. Chad has a tough job. He gets up at 6 with me and does homework for 2 hours. Then he gets ready for work. After work he does homework until 6 pm. Then he comes home and gives the girls 100% of his attention from 6-8. after that, he either does more homework or we relax with a movie. His day is packed. My day consist of taking care of everything so that he doesn't have to. I try to make our budget stretch, and the food stretch. I am in charge of organizing and keeping the family on track. I know some people may see this a a step back into the past where the man worked and the woman stayed home. I know that I once thought that I could never be a full-time stay at home mother. Now I know better. My husband I have equal parts in this relationship. He is responsible for taking care of our physical needs and giving emotional support. He is a cheerleader and supported when he can be. I am blessed to have a husband that jumps in and helps whenever and where it is needed. I, however, am there to see to the nurturing of the family. Physical nurturing in the way of making sure my kids eat good food and exercising. I also try to make sure they are dressed, bathed and clean little girls. Even if there is no proof of it by the end of the day. Emotional nurturing by talking through emotions and teaching my kids to be balanced individuals while helping them when trouble does arise. Mental nurturing by teaching my children. I teach by example, making them do things, reading to them, and trying to answer the many questions they have. Lastly, I am the constant rock. I know I may not always be the most popular, but I am Mom. I am there no matter what. Friens come and go, seasons pass, but I am noticing more and more that my kids need a solid rock these days, and it is my. Sorry for the apparent ramblings with no paragraph structure or organization. These are simply my thoughts.

2 comments:

Sami Jo said...

I gotcha deary! SO much pressure but when I start thinking of it that way w/ all the pressure we have, not to mention the world we live in is fighting us every step of the way, that is when I start getting really down - so I always have to remind myself that I don't have to do anything myself... he'll never leave me nore forsake me... so I can't let myself forget... never have to do it myself!

Brian and Jodi Brown said...

Good thoughts....right there with ya.
SMILE!
Jodi Brown