Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cold

So, the frost is here, the frost is here. We picked like crazy last night. We picked anything and everything. We have a lot of green tomatoes. I know that you can put them in the windowsill to ripen. Are there any other ways to ripen a lot of green tomatoes all at once so that I can can them? Anyway, I decided to bake some potatoes and having chili over them, but our oven decided to put on a fire work display. We were having problems with our element, and we thought we have fixed it without getting a new element. Not so much. Today it sparked and burned and then the element fell into 2 pieces. Hum...I guess I will go to the store and get an element. That's okay, no harm came to the potatoes or the oven. It will be easy to fix and something I can do. Since I will be stuck in the house for a little while before I can get outside and clean up the flower beds and put everything in the shed. Goodbye fall. It was nice to have for 1 week. I will miss you. This is my day.

2 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

You are right about cold. We cleaned up the back yard yesterday to get ready for the frost and snow. Sorry about your oven. You were much more calm about it than I would have been. I didn't even know you could replace an element!

Natalie said...

Last year I just picked all our tomato's and put them in our cool basement. Then when I had some that were ripe I blended them and put them in ziplock bags and froze till all my tomato's were ripe and frozen. I ended up making a awhole but of tomato sauce and it worked really good!! Isn't it so sad that it's turning cold, I am so bummed I love summer!!