Sunday, September 13, 2009

Salsa

I had someone ask about the salsa. The way that I know to do it is to make the salsa, then cook it down for a very long time. Once you get the consistency that you want, then can it. I have 1 salsa recipe from my mother-in-law that is very good. It is a sweeter salsa and not very spicy. Due to this nature, you can use it in your toco meat or just it it out of the jar with chips. I will post it down below. I have also been considering going online to find some other recipes to try. I'm not sure if this answers the question that I was asked. I am think that all tomato products really need to be cooked a lot. Ever when i simply slip the skins and toss them in a jar to cook down later, I have to pressure cook them for 45 minutes. Anyone else have any canning tips or recipes that they would like to share

Making Salsa
16 C of tomatoes
1/4 C vinegar
1/8 C sugar
1/4 Tb salt
1 large onion
1 green pepper
1/2 jalapeno

Cook until thick
Pressure cook for 15 minutes at 15 ponds of pressure

1 comment:

Sami Jo said...

Wahoo! Bless you my child! We'll have to get busy with our next batch of tomatoes ;) I'll let you know...