Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall

Fall is a busy time of year. I have noticed that some of those projects that have been put on hold are coming the front. For example, we organized our wood pile and bundled all of the little sticks that for from our trees. Chad removed out air conditioner and helped clean up the patio. This week we will be getting the rest of the garden produce out of the garden. The temperatures are suppose to drop down to about 26 degrees her Wednesday night, and there is no recovering from that kind of frost. I will be canning everything that can be saved and organizing the rest. I will hopefully have time in the next couple of weeks to clean out the garden. I need to rip all of the good plants up and put them in our compost pile. Then I need to get rid of any weeds that might have grown up within the plants. Then The leaves will come. I will have to be mowing up leaves every other day so and putting them on the garden spot. Chad will have to till in all of the grass clippings and leaves into the garden so they can compost over the winter. Leaves are a chore in a whole different category. We have a lot of trees on our little property. We have enough leaves that if I didn't rake them up, they would be well over a foot deep. Good times. I love this time of year though. I love the crisp mornings and mild days. I love to see the colors change and squeezing out the last few minutes of fall and summer before the cold weather starts. I love decorating for the holidays and the anticipation of spending time with family. Hooray for fall.

No comments: