Sunday, October 12, 2008

Why the name?

I guess I choose the name "A Piece of Heaven" because at times I really feel like that is what my life is. Not at all times. There are days where I yearn to be back in the world of working so that I can have adult conversation. Yet, when I take a deep breath I realize that I have a piece of heaven here on earth through my wonderful family and the fact that I am learning more about myself everyday. I have learned that I am a good teacher to my children. I also have learned that I love to cook. I love it. I am always in the kitchen trying new things and tasting. Yum! I also scrapbook now and I am considering starting up a playgroup. I also have more time to expound on my religion and study more. I also have time to read books. I love reading books. It ranks up there with cooking.

I have two wonderful daughters. One is 3 and the other is 6 months. I am so blessed to have these two kids. At times they challenge me. I sometimes look at my three year old and wonder how much worse it can get when she turns into a teenager. She likes to ask why and be in everything. It is a blessing and a trial. My six month old is starting to scoot about. She is full of smiles most of the time and loves her big sister. Her personality is more quiet then her older sister, but she definitely has her own opinions.
You will hear me talk about and whine about my husband who is in grad school. I guess I won't whine about him, it's more the grad school. I often wonder how he can work 40 hours, do grad school and still have time to play with the girls. Our girls adore their father! I am amazed and the love they share.

The love in this family is great. We are so far from perfect, but we do love each other. I bought a new digital camera so I will post some pictures.

1 comment:

Sherri Price said...

This is absolutely fantastic! Great job! We're glad to be the first to comment on your brand new blog.

Cute background and cute girls.