Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Christmas Card

So the time is upon me to do my Christmas cards. I have a love/hate relationship with my Christmas cards. I love creating them and then doing them. My biggest problem is the vision in my head rarely matches what my cards look like. I guess I will keep trying. The other really stressful thing is the pictures. I love looking at my pictures, but I hate getting them. The portrait place is crazy and never running on time. It becomes very frustrating.

We are doing a silver and gold theme this year. McKayla has a silver dress and Ariana has a gold dress. We are going to find Chad a silver tie and I will wear gold jewelry with a white shirt. I hope they turn out nice. I will have wait and see. So, here is my card idea. I want to have my family letter on the inside of the card, of course. Then the outside will have a golden paper on it with a square cut out. In the square will be silver paper with a snowflake eyelet in the middle. Then I want to put some silver ribbon on it. I think it will look good. I will post a picture as soon as I get them done. It will take me a while though. So I decided to post a cute idea from Robert's Craft web site.

2 comments:

Sherri Price said...

That sound like a cool idea for your cards! The ideas are always hard to come up with, but they always turn out good in the end. I hear you on going to the studio(hard work) and I agree with you that it is fun to look at them once they are done, so we just have to suffer through for the outcome we want.

Sarah Sharp said...

Wow. You are SOOO much braver than I am. You actually go to the photo place. Love your card idea-you are so creative!