Saturday, October 25, 2008

Scrapbooking

I love to scrapbook. I really like doing pages of the girls. They are so cute. At times I can't believe how many books we have. We have 4 family books, McKayla has three books and Ariana has 1 book. I am not very creative when it comes to the pages. Really, I try to stick as many pictures on one page as possible. Then I throw on some embellishments. Honestly, it's all about the price. When you have to pay for the pictures, embellishments, papers, and time, well it kind of adds up. Of course I would have an expensive hobby. Oh yea, I forgot to mention to cost of the tools to make the cool embellishments. Now, you may wonder why I still do this. It is a journal of our life. One day my kids will look back and say, hey we really did that? Also it brings new friends to my life. Lots of people scrapbook. I find new people all the time who share my desire. Most of them do a much better job than I do, but they allow me to mingle with them just the same. My husband loves the scrapbooks. He really enjoys looking over the books. Now, I'm really sure he like to look at every embellishment that I put on the page, but he likes the overall view. Unfortunately, he is going to have to build be a bigger shelf to put all of my scrapbooks on.


My scrapbook place is always messy. Once in awhile I will clean it up, only to drag it all back out again. I'm glad Chad understands and never criticizes my mess.

Here are some of our books.

2 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

I'm not very good at it either, but I love to scrapbook. It's a great way to see all the fun things you've done as a family and catch all those growing steps your children go through. Mine love to look through their books and see how little they were and how much they've grown. Great job making and keeping those memories!

Sherri Price said...

You already know my obsession with the hobby.