Thursday, October 30, 2008

Teribble 2-3 4's....

When McKayla reached about 18 months I started to notice something. She was driving me nuts! She would run all over the house and pull things off of shelves and get into messes. I was exhausted and tired all of the time. But wait, she was only 18 months old. I should have gotten 6 more months of sanity. No.

Then she turned two and life became more crazy because she wanted to talk, but she just wasn't there yet. She would get so frustrated. I took her to a speech pathologist and she did have a speech delay. We worked and worked with her. At the time I could see was making some progress. Also, she wouldn't listen. At times I felt like we were playing the opposite game and no one told me.

Now she is three. Her speech has grown in leaps and bounds. I can understand almost everything she says. She is more complaint and does things to help out. She even has her own set of chores to do everyday. She is such a help with her little sister. Most of the time. Then there is the other part of the time. The time where she becomes passive aggressive and pretends she doesn't understand what I said, even though I know she does. And there is also the whining. She has that down to an art. I know what she wants and I will tell her no, then the constant whining begins. So, I put her in her room until she can clam down. The cycle starts over.

So, my question is this: Three is easier than two in a lot of ways. But, they are still just as devious. They are still making messes and still not listening. They are just smarter about it. They wait until you walk out of the room to get into the cookies. By the time you discover that they have cookies, they have eaten 5, at least. What comes at four? Please tell me so I can prepare. What little quirks and funny things do they start to do?
All hail Queen McKayla.

No comments: