Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Play Unplugged

I found a great book at the library. It's called "Play Unplugged". It has games and activities that require no batteries, electrical cords, or flashing lights. It also has selcions that are based on age groups. I have been using it to help brake up he boredom and to help all of us get away from the tv more. I love that the activities use things that are found in the home rather than having to buy anything. I think sometimes we forget how to play without something prompting us. Even simple toys have lights and buttons. Today is cooking at our house, so I won't be using it, but tomorrow is music day and I plan on using some the ideas to incorporate music into our play. Try to find this book or one similar, it helps you come up with ideas and it helps you spend quality time with your kids.

No comments: