Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Got It

So, way back when I was a little girl (yes, a long time ago) I had these awesome Fisher Price roller skates. They were orange and yellow. They were made so that you simply slipped your foot inside and away you went. Not only that, but they were adjustable so that I was able to wear them for a long time. McKayla has been begging to go roller skating and ice skating. I have calmly ignored her because the suggestion brought up visions of the emergency room. Maybe she is not as accident prone as I am, but I still worried. Then yesterday while I was at Walmart looking for some musical instruments (long story) a light shone shone down and there was singing as I noticed a pair of "My First Skates" They are made by matell and have barbie all over them, so Mckayla will like them. Like them because they have three stages of skating. You can lock the wheels so that the child can get used to having skates on, you can lock them so the child can't roll backward, and then stage three is a free for all. It says for ages over 2 and up to 44 pounds. So, while I wasn't planning on buying anything for her birthday until next month I snatched them up because I knew that if I waited I would never find them again. Then I started pondering about the information. Good for children over 2? Well, McKayla is turning 5 this April. While she doesn't weigh anywhere near 44 pounds, I worried that they were too youngish for her. Then logic hit! Really, someone would put roller skates on a two year old? Who would do that? Maybe they don't have visions of the ER, but I would. I'm scared enough allowing my 5 year old to wear skates. Plus, Ariana would figure out how to move the buttons and try to roller skate as fast as she could down the driveway and shoot out onto our street between the hours of 8:30 and 9:00 or 3:00 and 3:30. (We have a school down the street, so it gets very busy at that time). Anyway, I am excited to give McKayla the skates. I think she will like them. I have no idea what we are doing for Easter or Ariana's birthday, which fall before McKayla's birthday, but I found skates. And I did find a "Band in a Bucket" at Toy r Us, so that worked out as well.

2 comments:

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

Band in a bucket?!?! Are you nuts?

A two-year-old on roller skates sounds like a great "Family Guy" episode.

Tina said...

I have always wanted to buy those for my kids and just never have. I am sure they would LOVE them though.