Friday, March 12, 2010

It Will Get Easier

I had a couple a nice ladies from my church invite me to do a couch potato to 5k program with them. I decided to try. I have never been good at running. Even when I was in high school I stank at running. Anyway, we started and have been doing really good. At first we met at about 4:30 in the afternoon, but that didn't always work out because of schedules. We decided to start meeting at 5:30 in the morning. The first week I thought I was going to die getting up that early, but then it started getting easier. This week is throwing me for a loop. I have been able to get up but then I run out of ambition at noon. I'm not sure why, but I just feel like I hit a brick wall. This morning I completely overslept and didn't get up to go running. I thought I had set my alarm but obviously I didn't. I woke up at 5:45 and decided to go back to bed since I was running late. I didn't move again until the kids woke me up at 8:oo. I thought exercising gave you more energy and it got easier, but I am doubting that. Then I remembered that the time is changing on Sunday. I'm not sure how I will do facing the day a whole hour earlier. I will keep plugging away, but I need some encouragement. Maybe if the weight would magically melt away, I would feel better, but that's not happening either. I must like food way too much. Oh well! I will be a fit, round person. Since I am short, maybe I can pass myself off as an elf.

1 comment:

Sarah Sharp said...

If it makes you feel any better, Caleb and I are up right around 5 am too...although I really don't think he'd appreciate me running while he's busy eating. Maybe I could call you instead...if I could make a coherent sentence before 8 in the morning. ;)
Seriously, I always hit a wall about 2 weeks into a new program. Your body is just rebelling because it's something new and different and HARD. You just need to keep going, Krista. You can do it!
And remember, I am exercising vicariously through you, so I want to see some results!