Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Camp

I found out on Sunday that I will be doing most of the work for girls camp. We had a camp director and then she got released. Somewhere along the way they didn't call a new one. However, I was called as assistant camp director and now I am trying to wade through a lot of stuff figuring out what to do. In all fairness, the YW president is the camp director, but she has a lot going on right now and needs help. I am feeling overwhelmed, yet I can see how I could really grow from this experience. I think that this trial is like many others. Once you find a place to start, you can start to plan on how to reach your goal. We should be further along in some areas, but I think we can catch up. I just need to pray often and work on doing the best job as I can. However, I still have this nagging fear that some one planning girls camp should have more experience than I do. The one time I went to girls camp, I had not been baptized yet, and while it helped me choose to be baptized, I still don't recall a lot of the specifics. Although I did find a certificate that said I passed off the lever two requirements, so that should mean something right? Please pray for me and pray that the girls don't suffer for my inadequacy.

3 comments:

Sherri Price said...

That does sound like a lot of work, but you are the camping queen so they will learn a lot from you and they will like it. There are web sites that have camp ideas and I'm not the camping queen at all but I've been a few times so if you have a question I can try to fill you in.

Eric and Tracey said...

Just read the camp manual and pray about the girls and it will all be great! :)

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

I'm GLAD you've never been to girl's camp! I think its great when someone who has no preconceived notions to cloud what the Spirit is directing has a chance to do something great! You will be awesome!