Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Worry About My 4 Year Old

I try to explain things to my four year as best that I can. I try to give her enough information without going over board. Last night we were talking about Christ and his atonement. I was trying explain how when we make bad choices we become unclean and then when we believe in Christ and repent we can be made clean. I tried to shower her this by drawing on a page protector with a dry eraser and then wiping it clean. I'm not sure how much she understood. I then talked about how Christ was resurrected and how we will be too. She comment that Jesus will make us a new body because when we die and go in the ground our blood and bones fall apart. She was quite graphic about this part. In fact she repeated it over and over. I tried to make sure that she knew our spirits weren't in our bodies when they were in the ground. I am not sure how much of this she understands, but then at other times she seems to display a greater understanding. I'm not sure how the talk went from Christ cleaning us from our sins to getting a new body when we are resurrected, but it did. Does anyone else have crazy talks like this with their kids? At least we made oreo shakes to help digest these heavy topics.

2 comments:

el hyme said...

You should ask Makayla if Christ should resurrect dinosaurs...

Rondell said...

Girl I worry about your four-year-old too. I think I saw her dancing in the background of the new Nicky Minaj video too!