Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Breakfast

So, yesterday was the annual breakfast and egg hunt at our church. Both girls were very excited about it. However, I feel like the meanest mom ever. They had a lot of kids there, so i told McKayla she could only have 2 eggs. I wanted her to learn that we are nice to others and that everyone has to get some eggs. In the end I felt sad because other kids had 20 eggs or less, but others, couldn't find even 1. McKayla was a little sad at only having two, but she tried to understand. I felt really bed. How do you teach your kids not to push and fight when other kids do? I decided that I would take her to the store and let her pick out a bag of candy for the family. then, a really wonderful thing happened. A little girl that knows McKayla well gave her 5 eggs because she felt bad that McKayla only had 2. I was so impressed with this little girl. What a wonderful friend for McKayla to have. I am grateful for the love that little children have and how sweet they can be. Ariana was in a different group and Chad let her get about 5 before he stopped her. She was pretty happy about the whole thing. I think next year we might say a total of 5 each. I'm not sure yet. Here are some pictures from it.

Click to play this Smilebox greeting: Easter Breakfast
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Free ecard customized with Smilebox

No comments: