Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Only Thing Constant is Change

I have been pondering something of late. My brain seems to have frozen people in the last state I knew them in. That may be 10 years or more for some people. When I meet people again I am always surprised. Sometimes pleasantly, sometimes not, but everyone is different. Then I ponder where I was 10 years ago. I realize how much I have changed. I stop and analyze wither the change has been for good or not. I can honestly say that I am nothing like I thought I would be at this stage in my life. I planned on marring after I obtained my master's and I thought I would have 3 kids. I have not gotten my master's yet. I will go back after my kids are in school. I am a stay at home mother and I think it is the hardest, yet best thing I have ever done. I would have never seen myself be a stay at home mother 10 years ago. We are happy with our 2 kids. They fill my life so completely. I am much more spiritual than I was 10 years ago. I always desired to have faith, but only when it was convenient and the rules didn't get in my way. Now I have a firm testimony of my faith and I understand how the guidelines help me to happy and healthy. Lastly, my temperament has changed a great deal. I think I was arrogant and temperamental in my younger years. I was painfully shy and I tried to hide it by acting tough and snotty. Now I feel that my temperament is more mellow. I still have a temper, but I can control it most of the time. I am still very shy, but I don't feel I need to prove anything to anyone. I am happy with who I am, what I am doing and where I am in life. My life will not be the same in 10 years. There will be more changes and directions over time. I pray that I will allow the hand of my Heavenly Father guide me more in the future than I have in the past.

1 comment:

Sami Jo said...

Amen sister girl! I praise God that you have turned your life over to him and are taking his hand daily to guide you! We all need each other for encouragement and an understanding that everyone aren't where we are in their journey and walk with Christ. I have hard time with that whole seeing people after so long too! Hugs, SJ

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do
what pleases Him. Philippians 2:13