Friday, February 13, 2009

McKayla's Room

Every night before bed, I have McKayla clean her room. I do this for several reasons. First, if I need to get to her at night, I hate stepping on a toy, it makes me grumpy. Also, I am hoping that I am teaching her responsibility along the way. Last, she has to learn consequences for dragging out all of her toys. Check out the shots below.
This is what her room should look like.

This is the mid-way point.

And this is the final masterpiece. It took us 30 minutes to clean this up.

7 comments:

Sami Jo said...

Holy Cow! LOL... I'm laughing so hard! Girl! Good Job for making her clean that up everynight. That would stink stepping on something. I try and do the same thing... I will try harder... Good Idea! :) Go see my new blog... www.herhousehold.blogspot.com Enjoy!

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

I feel so much better. I thought my kid was the only one.

Sarah Sharp said...

It only takes you two 30 minutes?! You need to come to my house. My kids drag it out FOREVER. Or just bring Mkayla so my kids can see how much easier it is to just do it and get it done.

Tina said...

Wow.... I am speechless!!! LOL. Way to go mom making her clean that up!

Sherri Price said...

Wow I'm glad we weren't involved in any way in helping to make that mess. We have had our fair share around here though.

Brooke said...

Next time we come up, McKayla is teaching Kaitlyn. I clean K's room maybe once a month, when I can't stand it anymore!

Marie said...

I was laughing when I read this post! I love it! When I saw the first picture of a beautifully spotless room.... I was thinking about my own girls' room and feeling like a pretty bad Mom... but then I saw the next picture and siged some relief... It is good to know that we are not alone in our "Mommy efforts".