Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Brick Wall for My Head Please

I have been trying to have a playgroup since October. This has had limited success. I was getting really frustrated. I couldn't figure out why no one was coming. Honestly, I was wondering if it was me, was I a scary person that people didn't want to come to my house? The possibility was there. I decided to give up. It was too hard and no one came and I was feeling like singing the "No body likes me, everybody hates me, I guess I'll go eat worms song". This would be my brick wall moment. Yea, it was sad. Then someone suggested a time change. A time change? I figured morning was better, but I would try afternoon. Oh my goodness, people came today. We made cookies and pictures, and kids played. It was so much fun. It was nice to have so adult conversation as well. Perhaps I should have changed the time earlier. I am glad that someone made the suggestion and that people in the neighborhood can interact with one another.

3 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

Of course you're not scary! Mean, well, that's another story... LOL! Seriously, I am glad that we can come now. It was a lot of fun even though we had to be late!

Anonymous said...

I have seen a scary look from you once or twice ;) I'm glad it was successful!!

Sherri Price said...

Yea! I'll bet McKayla was excited! Glad it worked out this time.