Sunday, February 8, 2009

The End of the World and Cerial at Midnight

I remember when I found out I was pregnant, I wanted boys. Girls are so emotional, and I don't do hair or bow or dresses. I've adapted on the hair, bows ans dresses. My girls are not the most fashionable on the block, but considering I'm their mother, we are doing good. Now, let's talk about the emotional part. Seriously, it gets worse? How? Today was been a day where the song with the chorus "It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine" has been running through my head. McKayla has been teary and sad and highly upset all stinking day. Now in argument and defense, I've been no picnic basket. I didn't go to sleep until after 2:00 am and I had to get up early today for church. I might be hyper grumpy and not in the mood to listen to the tears. However, I thought she was dying when I turned off Diego. There were tears. Sigh. This leads me to my second part of this blog: cereal after midnight. I don't really think of cold cereal as a breakfast food. For some odd reason, it does not fill me up. I can eat a whole bowl and still be hungry in about an hour. Really, it is a lot of calories that don't do anything. However, after a day of being bitten, Ariana likes her new teeth, pooped on, spit up on, yelled at, and told that I'm not very nice, I find that the hours after about 9:30 pm are sacred. No one yells at me, there are no demands placed on me. Cereal at this point becomes a guilty pleasure of a snack that has no nutritional value what so ever, but no one is asking me to share it. It's no wonder that I stay up as late as possible reading my books, being of face book, and eating my cereal. I am going to try to break this habit, so I can function when morning comes and my girls need me again, but at least I know why it is midnight and I am eating Multi grain Cheerios, again.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

You don't give yourself enough credit as a mom. You are awesome and your girls are very lucky to have you. Cereal is the ultimate snack. I also love that you are on face book at night because I often am too.

Sami Jo said...

That is so funny! I just finished a bowl of Captain Crunch :) We had a late lunch after Church and I skipped dinner... Got the kid to sleep and I too treated myself to some cold cereal... delish...oh the simple things... and Brooke is right you rock and your girls are adoreable - no bows about it :)

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

Eating cold cereal is the same as taking a vitamin. They are packed with added awesomeness. Plus, cereal takes me back to less complicated times...or at least to times when I was blithely unaware of complications.

Sarah Sharp said...

I have one boy over here that can give any girl a run for her money in the crying dept. Hoping THAT changes. And kudos on the cereal; at least you are eating healthy cereal.

el hyme said...

You took Diago away?! RUDE on you sis.

Anonymous said...

Its not like your eating fruity pebbles! Hang in there!!