Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Mother's Joy

Some times I feel like my child is out of control and everyone thinks I'm a bad mother. But then there are times when my heart swells joy because others recognize how great my kid truly is. McKayla zipped up her coat all by herself yesterday. I was so proud. I can't believe how smart she is. Then, today at library time she was showing off her knowledge. The story time lady teaches pre-school and asked if I work with her. I said yes, and she commented how smart McKayla is. I love these type of complements. I like when people can look past McKayla's hyper motions and energy and see some one who wants to learn every thing and know every one. I feel so blessed that McKayla is my daughter. She teaches me so much.

2 comments:

Sami Jo said...

You are so patient... sounds like she really benefits from that! So cool she zipped her coat up! We went to story time today too! Every Wednesday!

Sarah Sharp said...

I can't get Nadia OR Brandon to zip up their coats. Good job to the both of you!