Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm Back

We got back last night from a trip to SLC. My brother lives down there and it is always fun to go visit. I must say that my parents GPS system saved me more than anything else. I really enjoyed the shopping, swimming and playing Guitar Hero. (i may have to buy that). My girls loved it as well. Utah has a great big, huge area of people. If you want it, they have 20 of everything. Of course the driving can kill you, or if that doesn't the air pollution will. I am disappointed at the pollution in that area. How do people live there?
We also went to the Draper Temple Open House. In my religion we go to temples. Members with recommends can go inside. However, before a temple is dedicated, it is open to the public. This give people a chance to see inside of the temple and ask questions if they choose. We took my brother and sister-in-law, and my parents with us. I don't expect any one to convert, but I enjoyed sharing something that means a whole lot to me with my family. My main objective is to show that we believe in Christ. He is our Savior and Redeemer. There are pictures of him through out our temples and church buildings.
I am grateful for the mini vacation. It was fun to be with family. My brother is an excellent cook and spoiled us beyond measure. One evening he made us stake and crab. I am not a huge sea food fan, but I thought is was okay. I think if could get used to it, if I ate it more. However, the only way I will eat seafood of any kind is if my family prepares it for me. I'm odd like that. I was too busy having fun to take many pictures, but I will post some as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Sarah Sharp said...

Glad you had a great time and you all got back safely. Also glad that you are back!