Friday, February 6, 2009

And It Came To Pass

I have often wondered if my daughter understands the scriptures when we read to her. Every night we read a page from the Book of Mormon to her. While we do this, she eats her bed time snack. Quite honestly, I think she pays more attention to her snack than the words that she hears. But tonight something wonderful happened. As she was praying, a phrase was distributed throughout her prayer. "And it came to pass" was said two or three times in her prayer. Of course it was not in the right context, but she is clearly hearing the words of the scriptures. This brings my heart great joy. I am having one of those rare parent moments when I feel reassured that I am doing okay as a parent.

1 comment:

Sarah Sharp said...

I love it when they start using those kinds of phrases. Unfortunately, I usually get the giggles when they say them, which is TERRIBLE during a prayer.