Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cleaning ideas

Okay, the more I clean, the worse it gets. I need some cleaning help here. I was washing the front of my cupboards and the wood seemed dry. Is there any thing I should put on them? I remember my mom put Murphy's oil soap on her cupboards. Is this still what to do or has something better some along? Also, the grout between my tiles is gross. I mop every week, but it seems to look bad. Is there any way to clean it beside the get down on your hand and knees and scrub? Is there a cleaner I should use? Last, I was lying on my stove tying to clean my stove hood. (Stop laughing! It was really gross.) How does one clean that? I used a Brillo pad, but it still didn't get all of the nasty stuff off. Again, is there a super cleaner that I need, or just more elbow grease?
The frustrating thing about doing the spring cleaning is that I can't really see a difference. I know that I hand scrubbed my tiles and washed my walls, but I'm not really sure it makes a difference. Don't get me wrong, the house needs a good scrub down. Really, the ceiling fans are gross, and the windows need a good cleaning. I know that they are cleaner once I am done, but who notices these things when there are toys every where? Oh well, some day I will miss the constant mess of kids. Then I will have to face up to my own messes.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Give up! Your efforts are in vain! Okay... not really, but it does seem that cleaning is more frustrating when I feel like I'm drowning in an ocean of toys (which is everyday). As far as cleaning tips go... I'm not much help... but I can tell you that Murphy's wood wash is the best I've used and heard that it is still pretty much sworn by. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

hey sis,
Try a strong degreaser on the hood and some bleach on the grout. love ya! Rob