Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving and Facebook

Okay, I know this title makes no sense, but I wanted to talk about both things. I love Thanksgiving. This morning when my girls were in bed with me and my husband for our morning cuddles, I asked McKayla what she was thankful for. She told me "mommy, daddy and baby sister." Isn't that cute? I didn't have to threaten her, she is simply a sweet little girl. We then went around the family saying what we are thankful for and what makes us happy. Of course Ariana had little to say on this matter, but she did giggle in delight as the family laughed and played together. I am so grateful for my family. They make me happier than I ever thought imaginable. I am grateful for my religion because it is a life line and path in this crazy world. I am grateful for good food because I am going to eat a lot of it very soon. I am grateful for all my friends and extended family that make this holiday season wonderful. I haven't told McKayla that it is almost time for Christmas.

The other half of my post is about Facebook. I'm not really sure why I joined. I don't have the foggiest idea what I am doing. I have found a couple of people from high school. This brings up a whole new level of weirdness. I did not enjoy my last year of high school. There are many reasons ranging from others' mistreatment of me and my own personal choices. Anyhow, I need to work through my severe anger and dislike for anything having to do with my high school days and this is the first step. Kind of crazy huh? I know most people are using Facebook to find all of their long lost friends, but I am using it to find peace with my past. Hum, enough philosophy. I don't how to use it, but at least I can pretend!

Below is a couple of cute shots I got of my two girls yesterday.


1 comment:

Cody Stauffer said...

Krista,

Hey, thanks for the comment! I might think differently about us having different faiths (I honestly don't think we do, but that's just me), but I definitely appreciated your input. Also, I like your blog and am glad I found it- and if I did anything to contribute to your bad senior year, I apologize (and I was very insensitive back then, so it's entirely possible I did and didn't realize it!)