Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Every year I say to myself "Do I really need to go out at 6 in the morning to buy presents on a way over stretched budget?" The answer seem to always be yes! I seem to find 1 or 2 things I need. So below is my summary of my shopping experience. We started at 6:00 am, my mom went with me. First, we went to Roberts. I know! I said no more scrap-crap, but the binders were $10. I had to. Plus I sucked my parents into buying my Christmas from there. I know it's cheesy, but I love what I got! Roberts was very crowed, shopping carts couldn't make it through, but people were very polite. For example my mom had a question on a product and a complete stranger asked the sales associate for her. Plus, a very nice guy opened the doors for us when we left.

After Roberts we headed to Home Depot. I hate this store on regular days! They had sold out of the items my mom wanted to buy. Next store please.

Next, we went to Shopko. I'm afraid this store is on my bad list now. I probably won't go beck on Black Friday. The product that I wanted was sold out by 6:30. I found some really cute stuff, like cloths on sale so I wasn't too upset. Then we got into line. We stood in line for 2 hours. Not impressed. I was feeling a bit hungry by then, but we needed to go on.

Then it was to Deseret Book. I love that store, the atmosphere was so quiet and peaceful. They had soft Christmas music in the background. The store was busy, but not packed. I wanted to take some of the spirit I felt in the store and bottle for my last store...

(Darth Vader music please) Wal-Mart. They had $6 movies. My husband loves to watch movies. It's more of a hobby than a pass time. Really, I'm not kidding. So, while I was there my mom and I split a breakfast sandwich for McDonald's and away we went. It's wasn't to bad except in the electronic department. That was scary. I didn't go to the toy department, so maybe that was bad too.

Now I'm home and I feel good about my shopping. I still want to check online for some items, but I can do that at my leisure. My family is all asleep and I am taking a moment to blog. Yea. I saw a quote today that I do want to keep in mind this season.

"The season is not about presents, but rather His presence"

I liked that. Oh yea, my parents watch my kids last night while I saw "Twilight". That will be tomorrows post!

1 comment:

Sherri Price said...

Wow! I'm glad you got mostly what you wanted I never even made it to Roberts today, but we got our tree put up. Glad you got to go see the big movie too. Can't wait for tommorow's post to hear all about it.