Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Splish Splash

Our local library is so cool. They have lots of programs throughout the year to encourage reading. The last one they did was a family reading program. If you read 40 picture books to your kids then you received a family swim pass to the Aquatic Center. McKayla insisted on reading about 10 books per day because she really wanted to go swimming. This is a big change for her. Well, we went last night. The pool was cooler than expected. I think I was expecting it to be the same temperature as my brother's pool down in SLC. His pool was about 96 degrees. It was nice. This pool was cold compared to that. The girls had a good time. We swam for about 40 minutes. They both had blue lips, and were shivering. McKayla found a kick board at the pool and played with that a lot. Ariana floated around in a little tube thing. I think she might have had more fun if she could have splashed more. McKayla told me that she had fun and we should go again next week. I don't think we will. However, the girls slept really well last night.


We bundled up Ariana after we got done swimming. She was cold.


McKayla always tries too hard to smile. I try to tell her to relax and nothing happens.


Here is Chad and both girls entering the pool. Notice that McKayla is getting in by herself.

No comments: