Friday, November 14, 2008

The Curse of the Kitchen

I may have mentioned once or twice...okay a lot, that I love to cook. I enjoy eating too. Well my kitchen has been cursed. So, if you are the one that sent that nasty little curse, I'm sorry for whatever I did. Really. Think I'm joking? Everything has gone flat that I have made. My cookies went flat, my muffins went flat, and then my zucchini bread fell flat. Now these thing still taste good, but they look bad. These are recipes I have made hundreds of times. Why are they not working? I wondered if the humidity had something to do with it. I stopped running my humidifier for a couple of days and the rain let up so yesterday I baked some bread. It looked great! Nice and golden brown, fluffy and Oh so good. I had to try a bite. Ugg...I forgot the salt. NOOOOO! The curse is still on. Drat. I was going to make cookies for some people in my church, but at this point I'm not sure the gesture would convey the love intended.

1 comment:

Sarah Sharp said...

I HATE HATE HATE it when that happens. If those cookies were for me, send them over anyway. I am not so shallow to judge a cookie by its appearance. ;)