Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Dawn of the Next 4 Years

Okay, the election is over. I am glad. I will admit that I did not vote for our current president, but as a family we are now ready to support our new leaders. To be honest I didn't really feel like there was a candidate that represented me. I feel we are not really a government of the people, by the people, and for the people any more. I feel that the amount of money spent on the campaigns are an example that only the top few percent of Americans can even run for elected office. I feel sad for this. I feel that there are Americans that might do a good job as president, but they can never afford to run. Okay, off the soap box.

I am hopeful for the next four years. It will do no good to grumble and complain about what has happened during the election or the past years. Rather, as a nation I hope we can come together to heal our nation and lead it in a way that is prosperous and pleasing to our Heavenly Father. I hope to make a better America for my children, and I hope that the new leaders of our nation
will sincerely try to do this as well.
To close I will post a picture of what we hold dear:

No comments: