Saturday, November 8, 2008

Jedi McKayla

McKayla does really well with her speech now. I was very worried about it for a long time. She does not confuse the "I" and "me" parts of her speech like some small children. However, she does talk like a Jedi using the famous Jedi mind trick. I'm not sure where she gets it from. She has not seen any of the Star Wars movies. She will ask for something. "Mom, can I have friends over?" I will tell her not right now or not today. She will then reply "But, you want to let me have friends over. You want to mom." This Jedi talk is very prevalent though out the the day. Lots of time "I" want to give her a drink, or play ponies or give her a cookies. Sometimes the Jedi talk works, and I wonder if her power will grow as she gets older. She has not yet begun to talk like Yoda.

Below is a tribute to Star Wars done at the Pumpkin Walk we went to on Halloween.

1 comment:

Sarah Sharp said...

I know a little boy who tried the Jedi mind trick on parents so he could stay up later! He did the little hand wave and said, " You do no want me to go to bed. It is not my bed time. You will let me stay up." Wouldn't you know it actually worked?