Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas Cards, Over Spending and Truth

So, I have officially started on my Christmas cards. I am about 1/2 way done. This year's model was easy and not too expensive. I felt really good about that. Thanks to those who responded, your ideas helped. I was feeling festive and frugal. Yea!

Then the Wall Flower scrapbook thing came to town. I made up for my cheap cards over and over again. I know, with economy the way it is, what was I thinking? Well...I wasn't. I saw really cute, cheap scrapbook stuff. However, I can justify it by saying that I won't buy any more scrapbook stuff for years because I stocked up. But is this true? Am I really being honest with myself? No, not really. I can say that I will use it all up. I do use everything I buy. I don't normally impulse buy. I plan, I price compare, I use coupons and then I make it stretch as far as possible. Well, at least I can say my husband didn't mind because he went with me, both days. He is great.

Now I just need to find an outlet store with scrapbook glues and lots of it. I always seem to run out of glue.

2 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

Krista! There was scrapbooking paper for way cheap and you just got in your year's supply! Congratulations on your cards, too!

Sherri Price said...

I hear you on running out of adhesives. Have lots of supplies just need to stick them down! You are up on me with your cards. Wow good job!