Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What Have I Done?

So, I put McKayla in dance this year. She seems to really like it. The dances are cute and she is so excited to go every week. She has a DVD of the dances she is working on and she doesn't really like to practice at home, but her and Chad have a dance that they do together, so he needs to practice with her. Her recital is soon so the teacher is setting up dress rehearsals and costume instructions. I nearly died when the teach gave a specific color of lipstick and how the kids should have their makeup done. I can see how it will look better that way, but it's kind of odd too. I remember when I was a cheerleader in high school we made fun of Bonneville because their cheerleaders all had the same hair color, style, and they looked the same. Don't get me wrong, they were crazy good cheerleaders. They made our team look pathetic, but that's not the point. Now my kid is starting her training to do the same thing. AHHHHH! Okay, maybe not, but it did bring back those high school memories where I was wondering if they all were brain washed. I think the kids will look cute and I will get to see my beautiful nieces dance as well.

2 comments:

Sami Jo said...

Holy Macaroni! Same lipstick color? That is... interesting! I always thought you were the best cheerleader!

Tina said...

Isn't that just nuts. When Amalyssa was in dance we all had to get the same type of tights (which is totally understandable) but I never had any idea how many different types of 'beige' ballet tights there could be! Shouldn't it be part of the costume ordering if they want it all the same!???