Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Those Times In Life

I have been in a bit a funk emotionally for the past week or so. I know what the various causes are and I also know that things are and will continue to get better. I notice that when I am in these funks I often examine my life and the path I taken by choices. I have made some extremely stupid choices. Yet the one choice I will be forever grateful for making is the choice to be baptized. Granted, I didn't stop making stupid choices, but it was a step in the direction that I needed to go. I am so much further in my walk of life and I can see looking back how that one choice has guided me. I am grateful that I have the anchor of faith and the love of others to teach me. I am grateful that I can always repent if I make a bad choice. I am grateful for the perspective I have gained through religion. i don't know where I would be without my religion. So, no matter what has laid in my past, I have been forgiven. And no matter what trials are in my future, I know who I am and what I need to do to weather the storm, and that is pretty incredible. I am grateful for the chance to teach my girls this in hopes they are spared the pain that I went through, yet I know the choice is theirs to make. And I will love them no matter what they do, what choices they make, I will love them unconditionally forever!

No comments: