Monday, February 1, 2010

Guilty

I have to admit that my four year old is a pretty good kid. She endures a lot from her little sister. She puts up with being hit, toys being taken away, having to be the patient one, or having to sacrifice so that her sister will be happy. Really, being the older sibling is always hard. McKayla is very good about coming to me to help solve problems so that I can be the one to administer the punishment. However, I have noticed something lately. If Ariana becomes upset and McKayla is not at fault, she will ignore or come tell me what happened. However, if McKayla has reason to feel like she did something to cause Ariana to become upset, she will start singing a church song to Ariana. It's the same one every time too. I have to chuckle because as I have been observing I finally figured it out: no singing means McKayla is not guilty and singing means guilty. Now, if it would only stay that easy to determine fault. And to defend McKayla, she really doesn't do terrible stuff, but she knows that she needs to come get me to help solve conflicts, so really, she not all bad. However, Ariana is a monster, as was her sister at this age, and I can't wait until she out grows it and becomes sweet like her sister is now!

No comments: