Thursday, February 25, 2010

Early To Rise

When I was younger, I had no problem getting up early. Maybe it was because I always had somewhere to be like work or school. Since I became a stay at home mom getting up is not that easy. My kids like to sleep in and they love morning cuddles. They like to hop in bed with me and chat, giggle or just lay there. It was a peaceful time and I loved it. I kept wanting to get up in the morning and workout. I really did. I would do it for maybe a couple of days and then i would slip back into my staying up and getting up late routine. Then my walking group decided to switch to mornings. We now exercise at 5:30. It has been hard, but I think it is better. I am usually back at home by 6:15 and then I can get ready and start on my to do list. Not only that, but I feel less stressed. I am getting tired way earlier. Last night I crawled into bed a little after 9:00. I don't know when I have ever done that. I like to read my scriptures and write in my journal early. I have noticed that my prayers are more sincere because I don't have to shut my kids out of my room while I say a quick prayer. I can read the scriptures and really focus on them because I don't have distractions around me. I also can think more about what I want to write about in my journal. (No this is not my journal, this is me being odd). I having been waking the girls up at 7:30 so that they can get dressed and have a good breakfast. Plus this gives us time for family prayer and scripture picture time. (We have pictures depicting a story from the scriptures and we talk about it.) I won't lie, I am looking forward to sleeping past 5:30 on Saturday, but I can honestly say that this change is a good thing. Like all change it is not easy and it will take awhile to get use to, but I know it is good.

No comments: