Friday, December 19, 2008

The Spirit of Christmas

Last night went went to the local museum. There they had displayed gingerbread houses, Santa figurines, and nativity scenes. It was so wonderful. I am glad we took the opportunity to do it before all of the snow came. McKayla enjoyed it. She was very well behaved and knew not to touch things. Ariana fell asleep on the way there, so she missed all of it. I hope they bring it back every year. Below are some pictures we took.
I've always like this figurine of Santa kneeling before Jesus. It helps me remember the true meaning of Christmas.
McKayla wants to make this ginger bread house next year. I don't think so.
I liked this Irish nativity. It reminds me of Stonehenge.
This one turned out dark, but look at how big the Christmas tree is.

1 comment:

Sarah Sharp said...

Very cool. We need to go this coming week. Glad you all enjoyed it.