Friday, December 12, 2008

People Should Be Likes Books

I know this sounds like a funny title. Let me first say that I adore books. We have books in almost every room in our house. We have 7 bookcases and need another one. I know that sounds like a lot of books, yet I want more! Books are wonderful. I am so grateful that I married a man that appreciates books as much as I do. I He doesn't read as many as I do, but he is always willing to discuss my books with me and listen to me talk on and on about certain books. I was born deaf and books seemed to be my friend from an early age. Sometimes they were my only friend. I never had ask a book "what" because I couldn't hear what was said. I often felt embarrassed by my speech and lack of being able to understand the conversation, so I turned to books. Books never go out of style. They are always easy to find. They don't have new technology waiting around the bend making all of my old books obsolete. Books never judge you or become jealous if you don't read them for awhile or you feel like reading something else. Books are always glad to see you. Its almost like they say "Hello Krista. I missed you. The last time we were together to main character was..." Doesn't that seem just so kind? I saddens me that as a whole, our population is turning away from books and and more to computer, movies, and game centers. Not that these are bad forms of entertainment, in fact, my husband played his Hulk game last night while I was reading a good book. But, where is the imagination in these other past times? You can take a book anywhere, and you don't need electricity for it. Although I have become more addicted to Facebook games and other entertainments, books will always be my number one love.

No comments: