Friday, December 5, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree(s)!

Yea! We did it. You can now all do the Dora dance. If you don't know it, McKayla can teach you! We put up our big family tree in our living room. It takes up most of the space in our little room, but I love this tree. My parents gave it to us because they were sick of putting up such a huge tree now that there are no kids at home. This tree has many ornaments. McKayla noticed the cat decor and asked why I have cats on the tree. I explained to her that my parents would always try to find a cat ornament for me every year. You wouldn't believe how hard this is. I finally gave up last year and found some pretty ones that I like. I also buy my kids one every year. It is a great tradition.
Then I put one up in McKayla's room. It looks cool. It is decorated with clear ornaments from the dollar store. It is simple and cute. I didn't tell her I was doing it, so while she was helping Chad put up the big tree I was in her room doing her tree. Her face was filled with joy when she saw "her" tree.
Lastly, I did one downstairs. I like this one because it is very simple. It sits right next to a picture of the savior, so it looks like he is looking at this tree. I have never done more then one tree. It was busy, but I love the effect.
I know that others could do this so much better, but I do take pride in trying. The most amazing thing happened when we put up our trees. McKayla kept saying "I love you" over and over again. It made my heart melt to hear her joy come through acclamations of love. She is so wonderful. Ariana was not too sure about all of the Christmas mess. Then we got out the lights. it was at that moment that she decided that this was okay. I worry that my kids will grow up and focus more on the getting rather than the giving, but when I asked McKayla what Christmas was about she told me "Jesus". I am humbled and taught by this small child daily.

2 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

There is just one word for your trees. Wow. You did a great job, and I love the idea of having a little one in the children's room. Maybe one year I'll be brave enough to try that. You and your family are so cute! I love reading your blog!

Sherri Price said...

Wow! We can barely handle putting up one tree let alone three trees! Looks fun!