Monday, December 29, 2008

The Sky is Falling

So, like Chicken Little, will the scientist start to say that the end is near due to our odd weather patterns? I'm not sure that I buy into the whole the earth is going down thing. However, I do believe that as we gain more knowledge to what is good and harmful to ourselves and others, we should take that into account. In a practical way people. I'm sure that all those who got rid of their SUV's and 4-wheel drives due to high gas prices were a little sad these last few weeks. Yes, I will keep my SUV. No, I will try not to leave lights on all over the house. (kids make it hard at times). Yes, I will try to recycle more. No, I will not turn my garage into a recycling center. Yes, I will try to conserve on gas and energy by being smarter. No, I won't live in discomfort. I firmly believe that God has a handle on the earth. I firmly believe that the earth nor man kind will not pass away or disappear until God allows it. I stress a lot less with this thinking. Perhaps, one day I will even be able to argue my beliefs more thoroughly, but for now I simply believe.

No comments: