Thursday, December 4, 2008

Is This the Day?

My husband is sick of me pouting. He has agreed to put up the tree today after he puts in some time for homework. I am excited. However, I need to get all of my to-dos out of the way so I can completely enjoy the spirit. We are going to start a new tradition this year. I am going to buy a white stocking and hang it up with our family stockings. This stocking will belong to the Savior. During this holiday season we are going to record as many acts of service as we can. These can be as simple as sharing toys, to helping do a chore, or taking cookies to neighbors. We have lots of opportunities to serve within our family and to others as well. On Christmas morning I want to take the time for us to read our gifts to Jesus before the present opening begins. I know this will be a challenge for my kids and we may not be able to read all of the notes, but at least I will be trying to teach my kids about the true gifts of the season and to whom we own all we have. Do you have a special tradition that brings the Savior more into your holiday season?

2 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

We always do the Angel Tree, either at a store or Church. We also like to sing carols while handing out goodies to our neighbors. I hope your tree is up soon! I want to see pictures! :)

tara @ kidz said...

Stopping by through Daily Scoop and I'm glad I did. What a great idea to keep the true spirit of the season!