Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Savior's Stocking

This year we put up a white stocking for the Savior. In it we have put kind deeds we have done for one another and others outside of our family. I love this little white sock. It has really helped me count my blessing everyday and see what wonderful gifts my family are to me. I stop and think about how often my husband will take the kids when he can. I think about how my three year old loves to help with chores, cooking, and playing with her little sister. I think about my little baby and how she brings such a sweet spirit to my heart. This white sock has made me realize that my children have unique gifts that I may not have noticed before. McKayla has the gift to make me laugh. No matter what she does or how crazy she is, she can make me laugh. Ariana has a gift similar to her father. She can calm me. Her sweet spirit calms my soul and makes me focus on the eternities. While my family is far from perfect, I am grateful for this little white stocking that has made me reflect about the gift of my family.

1 comment:

Sherri Price said...

That is a neat tradition your kids will always remember as the years go by.