Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

We had a lovely Christmas. I am always so glad that our family is so accommodating that we get to see both sides during the holidays. We do Christmas Eve at my in-laws. This year the kids all preformed songs and talks and that was wonderful. I really like hearing the talents that the kids have. We also did the Christmas Story with the kids in character. This was fun as well. We ate a scrumptious dinner and sang songs. Then we opened presents. I love this special tradition of Christmas Eve.

McKayla was a wise man and Chad was her camel.

Late Christmas Eve my family showed up. My brothers, their wives, Chad and I stayed up talking until very late. Then I needed to get up early to get the turkey going. McKayla woke up about 8. Then I unleashed her on my family to wake them up. After that we opened presents. A lot of presents. My kids got more then any 5 kids should have. They are still discovering things they haven't played with yet. I am grateful that they get spoiled once a year. Really though, they need to clean out their toy boxes to make room for all the new toys. Then we had dinner and my brothers had rush off in the snow storm to ensure they were able to make it home. Both families made it home after traveling on very scary and icy roads. My parents and grandmother were stuck here until the next day before their road opened. I'm glad everyone is home safe!

No comments: