Saturday, December 20, 2008

McKayla

My daughter is having an adventure. My parents needed to borrow our car to pick up my grandmother. While they were here we decided to allow McKayla to go to Boise with them. She has been asking to go and stay the night for a long time. I think I am having a harder time than she is. The house is too quiet. I don't have someone that talks to me. Sadly, Chad got called into work, so I am having to deal with this by myself. I know she is safe and fine. She is going to be spoiled by my family. I have 2 brothers that live in Boise so McKayla will get lots of attention from 2 uncles and 2 aunts. I am so greatful for the love that my family has for my kids and the love they give them in return. However, I want the time to fly so that I can have my girl back home with me.

1 comment:

Sarah Sharp said...

It's really hard the first few times that your children leave on their own little trips. My parents have kidnapped ours a couple of times, and then Cliff and I just sort of sit on the couch and twiddle our thumbs because we don't know what to do with ourselves. Did we really have a life before kids? I can't remember...Or maybe they are just so fun to be with that I don't want to remember! :)