Sunday, March 1, 2009

Life's GPS

Circuit City is going out of business. Yesterday everything was at least 50% off. I love those deals. We went and bought a GPS system. My parent's GPS system really helped with out trip to SLC. I even found some scrapbook places in the area that I didn't know about. I am excited to travel places without worrying too much about getting lost. It even had areas in Canada, Alaska and Hawaii. Good thing that I won't get lost the next time I go to Hawaii.
This got me contemplating about how nice it would be to have a GPS for our life. As we are traveling through life we could know every decision to make. We could set our destination to be with our Heavenly Father and allow the GPS to get us there and have a lot more stress. If we make a mistake the GPS saying recalculating and gets you back on track. Of course this would limit our free will and lesson our trials of faith, but sometimes it would be so nice. Every decision we make affects our journey. Sometimes it is the smallest things that chart our courses.
Then, I got up this morning and as I was reading the scriptures I realized we do have a GPS. Heaven Father has spoken to us through scriptures. His word guides us back to him. If we make a mistake we can repent and "recalculate" our course. I am so grateful for this. I know I have made many mistakes, my GPS at points in my life would be screaming "recalculating". We have our destination and our directions back. Of course we can't always be sure of what twists and turns are going to be in our pathway, but if we are faithful and follow God's commandments, we can be sure that we will eventually make to our final destination.

2 comments:

Sami Jo said...

Aw that is an awesome post Krista! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Sharp said...

You should teach Sunday School. I really liked that analogy of the GPS and scriptures!