Friday, March 13, 2009

Exercise and stuff

I love exercising. Those who have been to my house can attest to this statement. I have been working out regularly with little results. Well that's not 100% true. I haven't had much luck on the scales. Fitness wise I feel great. I have been lifting weights and running on the elliptical consistently for 5 weeks now. I do notice I have more energy and I feel stronger. My cloths are fitting better, but that silly scale fails to recognize this. I personally think that the scale has something against me. I truly expect to get on it one day and have yell it at me, "You're never going to see those magic numbers, so get off me!" Really, we have that kind of relationship. However, I can honestly say that the key for me is healthy eating, and I don't really like to diet. It makes me very grumpy and that's not fun for my girls. Then I realized, I'm not going to stop exercising once the evil scale grants me my magic number. I plan on exercising for the rest of my life. I feel good when I get done with a grueling workout. I love feeling like I tested my body and came out still walking. So I guess I will be the strongest, overweight person, that you know. And you know what? I'm okay with that.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

A blogging friend of mine wrote a post a week ago about achieving a "happy weight" and posted this link. http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/user-post-what-is-my-ideal-weight-5-tips-for-finding-your-happy-weight-393032
I read the article and it made sense. Maybe you'll like it too. Sounds like you have a great attitude about life.