Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Differences

McKayla is at that age when she is noticing that people are different. She noticed that a friend of Chad's is bald, and she was very concerned. She is not being rude, but she does want an answer as to why this is. last night for Family Home Evening, i decided to talk about this. We discussed how some people are born a little different, like my ears didn't work when I was born. Heavenly Father made me this way. I am not sure why, but he did. Other people are different because they grew up or live in different areas of the world. We then talked about how fun it is to know different people and what they bring to our lives. McKayla has been wanting spring to come "with warm sunny beaches". I wanted to help her with this so we had the girls dress in their swimsuits. Then we turned on some music and had a hula dance. Then we sang some songs. Last, we ended with ice cream. We all had different toppings on our ice cream, so we pointed out that all of our ice cream's were different, but they still tasted good. I hope that McKayla understood the message. I know I had fun! Here are some pictures of it.
We decorated with pretty flowers.

Ariana was not happy about this idea.

McKayla did her own style of dance.

Here McKayla and I are doing the Hula!

2 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

Cute ladies! What a fun way to talk about differences! We usually talk about how everyone likes sandwiches, but the ice cream idea sounds much more delicious. :)

Sami Jo said...

Krista! Such a good idea! I love that little plaque such a wonderful thought!