Monday, March 2, 2009

"Were You Good Today?"

I am very blessed. My oldest daughter loves going to church. Yesterday Chad had to go to a meeting at 9 and she thought he was leaving her to go to church. There were many tears. In our church, the family attends Sacrament meeting together, then the kids and parents go to their separate classes for Sunday School and Relief Society and Priesthood. I always tell McKayla to be good for her teachers. My husband teaches the youth ages 6, so he can keep an eye on McKayla during the last hour. When ever I get done with church I always ask McKayla if she was a good girl and what she learned. She always tells me that of course she listened. Yesterday while she was declaring her sainthood, her father was behind her shaking his head. I have tried to explain that she needs to sit and listen to her teachers. I honestly don't think she means to be bad. She is almost four, but 3 hours of church is a lot. By the last hour, she simply can't sit any longer. So, I think she is telling the truth. If I ask her if she as good for her teachers, she tells me that she was being as good as she can be.
This gave me insight to my own faults. Heavenly Father ask me to be good and go to church and listen to my teachers. When I get done with this earthly existence, He will ask me if I was good. I will tell him that I was as good as I could be. We are not perfect. We do the best we can and then the Savior makes up the rest. Sometimes we are really good and other times we get restless and want to run around. Just like my beautiful daughter, I am trying. I will recognize that her "being good" is not my being good, nor is my being good perfect. I am grateful that my Father in Heaven loves me despite my shortcomings. I am also grateful for a daughter that is excited about going to church and to learn about God, yet she teaches me far more than she will ever know. We will both work on being good.

1 comment:

Sami Jo said...

So awesome we both did posts about being so blessed! Good Post Krista!