Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sick kids

I hate when my kids are sick. I feel so bad for them. I want to take away their discomfort and make everything all better. Today is the third day that Ariana has been ill. She has a fever and her eyes have a yellow discharge. I took her to the doctor and she has an eye infection and and ear infection. I have eye drops and oral antibiotics that I need to give. The instructions fail to mention how to convince an 11 month old baby to keep their eyes open while they are getting drops put in. Of course I'm suppose to give her the eye drops every 3 hours so maybe by the time the day is over I might manage to get a little into her eye. The doctor didn't say it was contagious, but to keep her away from day cares. Now I am wondering is it contagious and my other child will get it, or did he say that because her immune system is very weak right now and her little body can't handle and more germs. This is really not the week I wanted to deal with a sick baby. I know we can't pick a time for illness, but it really seems to hit at the worst times.

3 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

Agreed. Sickness always seems to come at bad times. They probably don't want her around any more germs because she's already sick and could catch something else really easily, but it's probably not a bad idea for Mckayla to wash her hands after playing with Sis.

Sherri Price said...

Yuck! I feel for you, we've had crudy coughs for 11 days now! Good luck giving the meds and hope no one else gets it. She's not even in nursery yet where is she getting all these illnesses? I've heard it can be from the mold in the grass after the snow melts off. Who knows? I heard I need to read your good talk you gave.

janis said...

So sorry she is sick, I feel bad for her and you. Hope you both can get some sleep to help repair.